Saturday, September 19, 2009

Movie Corner


As you might imagine, it was tough to find uplifing movies about Suicide.  Now that I write this, I think that my quest this month was a bit of an oxymoron.  However...in my searching I found a really cool site to share.

Rob Fried is the Founder/CEO of SpiritClips, "an online community centered on inspirational films and stories dedicated to universal themes of compassion, hope, courage, and strength." You can read the story of how SpiritClips was inspired by clicking the Founders Welcome link on their website. I LOVE that Rob also chose the Gandhi quote to begin his message!

One of the best features at SpiritClips is the ability to send an inspiring eCard with a short film (FilmCard).  It's quick way to send a thoughtful message to someone who's on your mind, using their easy-to-navigate website.  The hardest part is choosing ONE from the many great clips!  But never fear, they have some suggestions in the navigation bars to help narrow the selection!  Some are free to send, others require a membership with a pretty reasonable monthly fee. 

Most of the clips are under 5 minutes (looks like the average is 2 -3 min) and are definitely designed to make you smile.  Thanks to a Superhero is a 52 second Thank You clip with the tag " "The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention." - Oscar Wilde.  In less than 3 1/2 minutes Sally reminded me that I own my attitude and is tagged "Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind." - Eric Hoffer.  My favorite so far is The Little Frog, a 2 1/2 minute reminder that we can literally do anything, and it's never too late to give a shout of encouragement.  "They can because they think they can." - Virgil
 
No popcorn necessary!  Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment