Monday, September 21, 2009

Suicide Survivor Resources



My Only Wish by Dhainee Phafflin
Grief, my sole companion through the rain
Grief stays with me but ease no pain
Grief, the emotion I feel when I hear your name
Grief, I don't know if I'm still sane


My only wish every time the rain falls
Is that you'll remember that I'm still here
Loving you and waiting for your call
And when the sky begins to clear
I'll still be waiting here after all
You are not alone.  Though my personal grief had a different beginning, I walk the path by your side.  I hope you find these sites helpful as you continue your journey to healing, one step at a time. ~Kathie


Survivor Resources from Stop a Suicide.org
On Saturday, November 21, 2009, simultaneous conferences for survivors of suicide loss will take place throughout the U.S. and internationally. This unique network of healing conferences helps survivors connect with others who have survived the tragedy of suicide loss, and express and understand the powerful emotions they experience. More information

The American Association of Suicidology has a number of resources including Stats & Tools, Support Group Directory, and a comprehensive listing of Resources for Survivors.


Suicide.org is a comprehensive site with a Suicide Survivors Forum covering topics like "What should I do after a suicide", Coping with the emotional pain", "Coping with rumors and gossip", Coping with anger at your suicide angel" and much more.


Survivor Resources is a private, non-profit organization deducated to providing immediate and long-term emotional support and practical help for the families and friends of those who have died by homicide, suicide or accident.


GriefNet.org is an Internet community of persons dealing with grief, death, and major loss. They also provide a comprehensive listing of resources for survivors of suicide as well as links to support for other types of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment