Thursday, October 8, 2009

Warning...Warning...this computer can leave footprints

I currently make my mortgage payment by assisting business and technology teams as they develop requirements for software programs.  It keeps the nerdy side of me happy! 

As I did my research this month, I clicked a number of links that re-directed me to various websites.  In 12+ years as a requirements analyst, I have never run across the warning messages pictured below.  Nor have I had to take this type of warning into consideration as we worked to develop/implement our software projects.  So I was surprised and filled with the ultimate professional respect for the web development teams when I read each of these messages.

Props to the teams at National DV Hotline, My Sister's Place, and the CA Partnership to end Domestic Violence for these warning messages that inform and allow the user to quickly change screens if necessary.  These warning messages are the result of conscious decisions and deliberate action on the part of the teams responsible for user experience, and require a great deal of thought and programming to execute.  I can only hope to emulate your commitment to excellence in my projects!






No comments:

Post a Comment